by Enjoy Life
Enjoy this NEW recipe from Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" Cook Book!
This quick recipe makes yummy, portable brownies in a hurry.
Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" is written by Leslie Hammond (Author of "The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook") and Betsy Laakso (Director of Research & Development at Enjoy Life Foods).
As ingredients vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, we suggest you use the volume measurements (cups, tablespoons, etc). We have found they give the best results, providing you with yummy treats!
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup superfine sugar
1 1/3 cups Bob's Red Mill white rice flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
2. With a mixer, beat the applesauce, water, oil vanilla, cocoa, and sugar until smooth. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tins. Do not over-fill.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until brownie is firm around the corners and leaves an indentation when poked in the middle. Let cool completely, then remove from the tin with a small knife or spatula.
5. Frost or dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Yield: 2 dozen