Grass Hopper Mint Chocolate Pie
by Enjoy Life
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts or egg
Note: this recipe contains soy
1 package Enjoy Life® Double Chocolate Brownie cookies
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp Spectrum shortening
Mint Mousse Filling:
1 (12oz.) package Silken SOFT Tofu (brought to room temperature)
1(10oz.) bag Enjoy Life® semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 tsp mint flavor or natural extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To make the crust, process cookies in a food processor until crumb size.
3. Add the next three ingredients (cocoa powder, tapioca flour and xanthan gum) and pulse in to combine.
4. Gradually add vanilla and shortening (in approx. ½ tablespoons) and pulse until mixture is crumbled (small pea size).
5. Press mixture into a 9" pie shell. Be sure to smooth it up the sides. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool.
6. For the yummy mint-chocolate mouse filling, blend tofu until smooth using a hand mixer, blender, or food processor. Set aside.
7. Microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes, stirring after one minute. Continue heating in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Be careful not overheat. Stir until smooth.
8. Add brown rice syrup to the melted chocolate. Mix until combined. Chocolate should "seize" and pull away from the sides of the bowl, almost forming a ball.
9. Add the chocolate mixture to the tofu. Beat until smooth and creamy. Then, mix in mint flavor/extract natural.
10. Add filling to cooled chocolate crust. Chill refrigerator until set (at least 5 hours)
Yield: 8 servings