Hearty Chocolate Chippers
by Enjoy Life
Enjoy this NEW recipe from Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" Cook Book!
Enjoy Life's "Cookies for Everyone" is written by Leslie Hammond (Author of "The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook") and Betsy Laakso (Director of Research & Development at Enjoy Life Foods).
As ingredients vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, we suggest you use the volume measurements (cups, tablespoons, etc). We have found they give the best results, providing you with yummy treats!
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup flax meal
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup Bob's Red Mill white or brown rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats, quinoa, or rice flakes
1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips or sulfite free raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350° (180°C, or gas mark 4).
2. With a mixer or by hand, cream together the brown sugar, oil, water, applesauce, flax, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the remaining ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips, and mix until dough is well combined. Add the oats and mix again until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
5. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and semi-soft to the touch in the middle. Let cookies sit for a few minutes before removing from baking sheet. Remove from baking sheet to a flat surface (like a large plate) or wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.
Yield: About 3 dozen