Oven Fried Chicken
by Enjoy Life
Contains NO: wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, or dairy.
3 Enjoy Life® Original Bagels
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp vegetable oil
¼ cup water
3 tbsp tapioca flour
2 whole chicken breasts cut in half (4 pieces total)*
1) Split bagels in half.
2) Dry out bagels by letting them air out over night or by heating in the oven. For
the oven method, preheat the oven to 200° F. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for
30 minutes or until bagels are crunchy. Cool.
3) Increase oven temperature to 375° F.
4) Place the dried bagels in a food processor and blend into fine crumbs. If you
prefer, leave some pieces pea-size for added texture.
5) Add seasonings to 1 cup bagel crumbs; save remaining crumbs for later. Add
oil and mix with fork until coated. Place the crumb mixture in a shallow pan or
plate and set aside.
6) In a separate bowl, mix together water and tapioca starch.
7) Dip chicken into the liquid mixture and drain of any extra. Roll chicken in
crumb mixture until coated.
8) Place coated chicken pieces in a shallow lightly greased pan. Bake for 15
minutes or until chicken is tender and juices come out clear. The internal
temperature should be a minimum of 165° F. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
* To make chicken breast cook more evenly, place the chicken on a piece of
plastic wrap. Sprinkle a little water over the chicken and cover with another
sheet of plastic wrap. Pound the thicker portion of the breast until it becomes
a uniform thickness.