Patty Pan and Tomato Dish
Patty Pan Squash is good mixed with fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes. You can fix it on top of the stove or in the oven. In the summer when you don't want to heat the oven you can boil it on top of the stove.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Patty Pan Squash
- fresh or canned tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- basil or any herb of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons light margarine
- Mozzarella Cheese on top if you bake it
- Cut squash top and bottom off.
- Wash and cut into bite size pieces.
- Wash and cut tomatoes up and chop onions.
- Mix the three ingredients together.
- Add basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour into medium size pan and cook on top of the stove until the squash is tender to taste.
- If not enough liquid in tomatoes, add a little water.
- After cooking the squash dish, add a couple of teaspoons of light margarine to the dish.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese and enjoy.