Peach-A-Berry Gluten Free Pie
by Enjoy Life
NO: wheat, gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg or soy
* 4 ripe peaches (skin and pit removed)
* 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
Fruit Glaze Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1-cup water or fruit juice
* 1/2 teaspoon agar-agar powder (gum)
* 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
Enjoy Life Crunchy Crumb Crust
* 1 crust
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan.
2. Carefully add peaches and cook 1 minute.
3. Immediately submerge peaches into ice water to stop cooking.
4. When cool enough to handle, remove skin and pit and cut into slices. Layer the sliced peaches on top on prepared crust.
5. Add raspberries.
Yields: 1 1/4 cup glaze
1. Blend the sugar, Agar, and tapioca together.
2. Add the water or fruit juice until blended.
3. Stirring constantly, over medium heat, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 1 minute.
5. Cool slightly (about 1-2 minutes) and apply on top of fruit.
6. Fruit should be nicely coated (may have glaze to spare).
7. Refrigerate 1 hour before tasting. Pie is best eaten the same day.