Very Berry Cheesecake
by Enjoy Life
NO: wheat, gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg or soy
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1 cup fresh raspberries
* 1-8 oz container cream cheese or dairy-free alternative*
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1/4 cup eggs or substitute
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 tbsp milk or dairy-free alternative (rice or soy milk)
Fruit Glaze Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 cup water or fruit juice
* 1/2 tsp agar agar powder (gum)
* 1 tbsp tapioca flour
Enjoy Life Crunchy Crumb Crust
* 1 crust
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour blended pie filling into prepared crust and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Let cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Yields: 1 1/4 cup glaze
1. Blend the sugar, Agar, and tapioca together.
2. Add the water or fruit juice until blended.
3. Stirring constantly, over medium heat, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 1 minute.
5. Cool slightly (about 1 minute).
6. Spoon glaze over berries and gently toss to coat (may have glaze to spare).
7. Spoon coated berries on top of the prepared pie.
8. Refrigerate 2-3 hour before eating. Pie is best eaten the same day.
Feel free to use other fruit too – like peaches or cherries. If using apples or pears, pre-cook them first before adding the glaze.
*TIP Dairy-free option: use 1 (8 oz.) package of Tofutti’s Better Than Cream Cheese (plain non-hydrogenated) (contains soy) in place of cream cheese.